Author Topic: A Swedish Girl Lost in Hamburg...  (Read 7920 times)

Offline Thorn

• Muffin
A Swedish Girl Lost in Hamburg...
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:38:17 am »
Hello!
My name is Malin and I'm 21 years old. I'll be residing in Hamburg for three months starting in January. (I'm here for an internship at a video game studio!)

I am sorry but I can't speak German, my apologies if you do not think I should be here because I have to write in english... I was just hoping to meet fellow EA fans while I'm in Hamburg. .__.'

I was also wondering if anyone of you are going to Emilie Autumns concert in Hamburg, and if you would like some company? I'm really friendly! :) (and I also have no idea how to find anything in Hamburg, so I'm afraid I'll get lost!)

Thank you for reading! <3

Offline Luna

• Inmate
    • Luna Adulara - Model & Singer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »
Hi Malin,

welcome here in the forum. It's quite not a problem writing in english.. I think most of us speak/write english very well (at least Z.innherz - he lived in the USA for a while).

Unfortunately there are not so many users from Hamburg, I think. Those I know (nurmi and Rapunzel) are inactive at the moment - but Missy knows Hamburg too. She lives about 1 hour away and I think she will be at the concert. Maybe (when I can manage it with work) I will be there too, but that's not certain at the moment..

So have a nice time here, look around and don't be afraid to post in english...

Offline Z.innherz

• Music Addict
  • Plague Rat
  • Meduser!
    • Ich blogge! Mwahahaa~!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
Welcome to the Asylum, my fellow inmate! :D
And more importantly; Welcome to Germany! *throws candy*

Like Luna already said; most of us know the English language just fine, so you shouldn't be concerned about us understanding you.

First of all; I'm impressed that you even had the guts to register on a German forum. Though I think it could probably be kinda difficult for you to find your way around, but feel free to ask. None of us bite. At least that's what I know.

About the concert in Hamburg; wasn't Metaphor planning on going there as well? Doesn't she live around there somewhere...? xD I dunno.

Back to you. I think most of us would love to know what kind of music you like listening to, besides Emilie Autumn. Plus; the fact that you're here for an internship at that video game studio sounds amazing! How did you come up with that? :D

I hope you stay and that you have a great time here.
Sincerely. ^^
Schneewittchen: Ich find' dich so geil.Doomsday Penguin <- Update am 29.10.2011!

Offline Missy

• Scrumpet
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:06:04 am »
Welcome Malin! :)

I’m not right from Hamburg, but very close to, like Luna said. Im there quite often, cos Hamburg is the next big city, I live like ultimately rural ;), quite close to the danish border.

If you come to germany by car, using the Puttgarden-Rödby-ferry, you will pass my home! :naughty:

In which area of sweden do you live?

And yes, I will be at the concert! :happy:

None of us bite. At least that's what I know.
Little YOU know! :cool:
"'Man kann nicht allen helfen', sagt der Engherzige - und hilft keinem."

Offline Thorn

• Muffin
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »
Hi everyone! Terribly sorry for not replying sooner, but oh-so-grateful for all of your wonderful replies! :D Thank you all!

I'm studying Game Design & Graphics in Sweden, and I just really love the games Germany produces. It's quite a dream come true to come here and work at one of your wonderful studios! I start tomorrow morning, SCARY.

My other favorite bands include UNKLE, QueenAdreena, Nine Inch Nails, Tool and The Distillers. Well, I have a lot of others, but that are the only ones I can think of at the moment XD

Missy and enfant_de_luna, would you like to meet up if you're going to the concert? :) Are you going to the VIP? I'm hoping to find someone to go with, I even brought a Lady of Shalott book, hoping Emilie would sign it for me :D <3

Oh that is awesome Missy! :D Too bad I didn't go by car, otherwise I would've seen your house! haha.
I live in the northern part of Sweden, kind of JUST before it gets super-cold XD

Offline Metaphor

• Tentakeltier
  • Inmate
  • Moment capture, long-term exposure.
    • This isn't music, and we're not a band.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 01:03:52 am »
Hey Malin!

You totally spark my overall excitement.
First off: 2 paws up for raising the Northern Germany/Lower Saxony(-ish) contingent 'round here! :D 
I'm absolutely delighted in whole. Yay for English! You seem lovely!

I do hope you stay with us for longer than the while you stay in Germany. :)

I myself am from the miscellaneous town area quite close to Bremen. There's a high chance that, if I do decide to visit one of EA's upcoming 2012 shows, it will be the Hamburg one. - And if I do, I'm totally anxious for furthered company! *happy dance* Count me in for any adventures.

(I preemptively put on my excitement hat this very minute.)

The only thing I don't see yet is how we'll work out how to (better) incorporate English into this forum (there's definitely room for the need, though - "The English thread", for instance, we once had has totally been taken over by tumbleweed, AND I KNOW quite some people around here ARE ABLE TO re-capture and requicken it. *provocative stare*); 98 % of the content in here are, in fact, German, but I'm pretty sure you were aware of that and I'm just as sure we'll work something out. We also do have this thread :D

-

Lastly, more actually person-related: Wow, Game Design. That - is - so - cool. O_O
I infinitely love/admire the clique of conceptual design people, let alone that whole surrounding technical aspect of putting those concepts into 3D pixels! Be_yond__me. What part of that bucket of actions do you pursue? :)

One last thing I just have to ask: PLEEEAAASSSE tell us a fancy elk story. ;__; / ;D
*High Five mit allen verfügbaren mehrgliedrigen Extremitäten*
der user über mir malt gerne bilder von kätzchen die kuscheln

Offline Rayk

• Administrator
  • Inmate
    • Are You Suffering?
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 04:47:30 am »
Fancy elk story? http://www.amazon.de/Doppler-Erlend-Loe/dp/3462039423 <- there you go. :3

Welcome to the forums! :)

Offline Thorn

• Muffin
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 10:00:51 pm »
First off: 2 paws up for raising the Northern Germany/Lower Saxony(-ish) contingent 'round here! :D 
I'm absolutely delighted in whole. Yay for English! You seem lovely!
I'm totally anxious for furthered company! *happy dance* Count me in for any adventures.
98 % of the content in here are, in fact, German, but I'm pretty sure you were aware of that and I'm just as sure we'll work something out. We also do have this thread :D

Lastly, more actually person-related: Wow, Game Design. That - is - so - cool. O_O
I infinitely love/admire the clique of conceptual design people, let alone that whole surrounding technical aspect of putting those concepts into 3D pixels! Be_yond__me. What part of that bucket of actions do you pursue? :)

One last thing I just have to ask: PLEEEAAASSSE tell us a fancy elk story. ;__; / ;D

Oh, you guys are so kindddd!! ;___; I just bought a VIP ticket, so please do tell if you're going to be there!! I'm trying to get someone at my game design studio to come with me, but no luck yet :O :D
I can post a picture of me (dying my hair today or tomorrow woopwoop!) so you can just... poke me if you see me, unless we PM each other when the date is close and set up a meeting :D

I wish I was more social on this forum since you all seem SO LOVELY but working just takes the life out of me, hnghhhhhhhh!

OH man, concept art and 3D - SUCH RESPECT. At my school I had classes in both of these subjects, but my true passion lies in writing. Hence, I've decided to pursue it :$
What I do is create the story for the games, the dialogues, the characters and their background etc etc, as well as the game design; as in puzzles and such.... The whole "this guy walks down the stairs and pushes a button and everything turns fun" if you get my drift XD

Mmmm, elks! I do wish to create a game with elks in it, they're so pretty :D

Fancy elk story? http://www.amazon.de/Doppler-Erlend-Loe/dp/3462039423 <- there you go. :3

Welcome to the forums! :)
HAHA, I've actually read that one!! Not my favorite. But kinda cool. XD Thank you for the welcome! :333

Offline Metaphor

• Tentakeltier
  • Inmate
  • Moment capture, long-term exposure.
    • This isn't music, and we're not a band.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »
"this guy walks down the stairs and pushes a button and everything turns fun"
Story of my life. :jest: :jest: :jest:

I can post a picture of me (dying my hair today or tomorrow woopwoop!) so you can just... poke me if you see me,
unless we PM each other when the date is close and set up a meeting :D
Yes to all of that! Yes to picture, yes to whatever colour you intend to your hair, yes to if-I-decide-to-go-I-will-message-you-when-the-date-is-close (I think my decision itself will happen when the date is close) so I can poke you. :D
*High Five mit allen verfügbaren mehrgliedrigen Extremitäten*
der user über mir malt gerne bilder von kätzchen die kuscheln